|2017 Sephora Favorites Sun Kit Contents|
The Sun Safety Kit is made up of various products that are specific to sun safety and offers a variety of spf protection from the sun. I experienced sun damage to my skin. The experience of having a dermatologist remove potential melanoma cells from my skin is an experience I hope to not repeat. The removal of the melanoma cells was painful I have some rather large scars as a result, so I am always on the lookout for new products that provide additional sun safety.
The 2017 Sun Safety Kit is made up of 15 product samples with most of them providing an
spf of 15 or more which include lip products, facial products and body products produced by various companies. The kit has a fold out that gives a brief description of each item included, along with an ingredient list.
This year's kit comes in a great water resistant orange plastic pouch that is perfect for taking to the beach. The size of the bag is perfect for my to use for holding art supplies for my travelers notebook.
The 2017 Sephora Favorites Sun Safety Kit contains the following (I will include a penny in each photo so you can get an idea of the actual sizes of each sample):
1. St. Tropez Tan Tinted Body Lotion (1.6 fl oz) that is supposed to give the user a gradual tan while moisturizing the skin. This is one of the larger samples included in this kit. There is plenty of product for the user to try. As for the product itself, the Sephora website states that the use of the this product is supposed to give an instant bronze look to the skin. Personally, I have found that most tinted body lotions do not work on really pale skin. I used it for a few days and it turned my skin a shade of yellow orange that kind of looked like I had healing bruises which is not the look I am aiming for. However, it worked on my daughter who is lucky enough to naturally tan in the sun instead of turning a bright shade of red (like I do). The product does take a long time to dry so I found that using a very small amount and really rubbing it in did help a bit. Again, this is a self tanning type of product and like most products in this line, it may stain fabric......so use it wisely. This product does not provide any type of sun protection.
2. Vita Liberata Body Blur Skin Finish ( 0.24 fl oz) in the shade Latte which is a BB like cream that minimizes blemishes, covers some imperfections and provides a sheer coverage. The sample I got was too dark for my complexion so I get a could not get a good idea of how well a coverage the cream really provides. However it I did use it to make my arms, chest and neck area look slightly tanned. It stayed on pretty well but I kept worrying that it would rub off onto my clothing which it eventually did. I did try it on my face but it is a fairly sheer coverage and I prefer full coverage so it is not a good match for my needs. The creme does have a lovely scent that reminds me of the beach and sun oil. Also, this product does not have an spf listed on it which makes me wonder why this and the tinted boy lotion were included in this kit.
3. MD Solar Sciences Mineral Tinted Cream (0.25fl oz) with an spf of 30. I try to not wear cosmetics on the weekend to give my skin a break so having this product was great. It is fairly sheer and blends into the skin giving a very subtle glow without looking like you are wearing makeup. I love that it provides me with an spf of 30 and is light enough that I can re apply it as necessary with out it leaving a build up of product. The Sephora website does state that the product has an 80 minute water-resistant formula and can be worn under makeup. Also this product does not have much of a scent. I will be purchasing the full size of this product the next time I go to Sephora.
4. Supergoop! Defense Refresh Setting Mist (0.5 fl oz) with an spf of 50 is the perfect size to fit in my purse. The Sephora website states that the Defense Refresh Setting mist that is supposed to set makeup, control oil and shine, and protect against photoaging UV rays. It is also supposed leave skin with a matte finish. Personally, I did find it left a slightly sticky feeling on the surface of my skin which I adjusted with a light brush of translucent powder. It has a really pretty scent that is not overwhelming but may annoy those who are sensitive to scents. I find that using setting mists in the summer helps keep my makeup in check with the rising humidity. It does not work as well as the Urban Decay Oil Control Setting Spray or the Urban Decay All Nighter Setting Spray but it does have the added benefit of having some spf in the product. The Urban Decay product is priced lower than the Supergoop Mist.
5. Cover FX Clear Cover Invisible Sunscreen gel (0.10 fl oz) with an spf of 30 is a clear sunscreen that easily blends into the skin. I am a fan of the Cover FX product line so I already knew that I would probably like this product. I used it on my face and did not have any break out problems with it. It easily blended into my skin and did not interfere with the primer and other cosmetics that I applied over it. It does have a slight fragrance, so I recommend sampling it at the Sephora store before you purchase it to make sure the scent does not bother you.
6. Murad Invisiblur Perfecting Shield (0.17 fl oz) broad spectrum spf of 30 is a antiaging primer that provides uv protection along with ingredients that help minimize the signs of aging. I found that a little of this product goes a long way. I used a pearl size amount to cover my entire face. I could have added a bit more around the lines near my eyes but I have a special primer for that area. Plus, I am very picky about what products I use near my eye area. I did not read anything on the Sephora website that would indicate that it is appropriate for use in the eye area so I thought it best to not test it out there. It works well as a primer. The price is $65 for an ounce, however, Sephora does have a gift pack that includes the same size and some additional products samples for the same price.
7. Peter Thomas Roth Max Sheer All Day Moisture Defense Lotion (0.5 fl oz)with a spf of 30. This product was also included in the Sephora Favorites 2015 Sun Safety Kit and I really liked it. It is a much thicker product that the Cover Fx Clear Cover and the Murad Invisiblur Perfecting Shield. I did have to work into the my skin. I use a lot of products from this line and have yet to be disappointed.
8. Clarins UV Plus Anti-Pollution Sunscreen (0.3 fl oz) Multi-Protection broad spectrum spf 50 lotion. This product is supposed to protect skin agains UV rays and help to prevent the appearance of dark spots, redness, and the premature signs of aging. They had me at preventing dark spots. I am testing this out on my hands. I spend alot of time driving and often wonder if the windows in my car are causing me to get more freckles (even though I wear sunscreen). It would be nice if it does what it claims to do. I have used an eye cream from Clarins which worked really well for me, so I have high hopes for this product.
9. COOLA Suncare (0.17 fl oz) Daydream Mineral Makeup Primer with a spf of 30 is an very light weight primer that includes spf protection. It left my skin with a nice matte that helped hold my makeup in place. Also there is very slight scent to it that reminds me of the beach. I really like how this product left my skin. It left my skin so smooth that my base just glided onto the skin. It is a great product to try. If you are a member of the Sephora VIB, you can go to your local Sephora and request a small sample of the product to be made up for you so that you can test it out on your own skin. I really like this product and will probably purchase the full size.
10. Amorepacific Resort Collection Sun Protection Cushion (0.17 oz) with a broad spectrum spf 30. If you are familiar with Amorepacific then you already know they offer a great line of cushion cosmetics which are applied with the included puff to provide a nice buildable coverage. Their line offers products that have all types of Asian botanicles which hydrate the skin. This particular line also offers spf protection. The active ingredients are Zinc Oxide and Titanium Dioxide, along with the botanticals. I do like the coverage that this product provides me because I can control how much I use. My package came with a fair shade that worked well for my skin tone.
11. Shiseido Ultimate sun Protective Cream (0.6 oz) with broad spectrum of 50 is a water resistant (80 minutes) sunscreen that is perfect for hot and humid days. This product is a little different from most water resistant sunscreens in that it becomes more effective once it is exposed to water for at least 15 minutes. It has WetForce technology that allows it to be so effective. The Shiseido Ultimate Sun Protective Cream is created for use on face and body so it is a great lotion to keep on hand during the hot humid days of summer. The full size (3.3 oz) of this product sells for $40. At that price, I think I would still be more inclined to use a more affordable product that offers similar coverage. I may have to apply it more often but until I know more about WetForce technology, I will use what I know works for me.
12. Neogen Dermalogy Day-Light Protection Sunscreen (0.17 fl oz) with an spf of 50. This is another Korean Beauty product that offers botanicals to protect the skin from the harsh rays of the sun. The Neogen Dermalogy Sunscreen is a lightweight lotion that can be applied to the face and body which also offers hydration through the use of the botanicals in its ingredients
13. Fresh Sugar Nude Tinted Lip Treatment Sunscreen (0.07 oz) with spf of 15. I already use this product and love it. I was so pleased to get a smaller size that I can fit into the pockets of my jeans to keep it with me. The Fresh Sugar Lip products are great and have really good quality ingredients. Sephora offers a great selection of their line. I am looking forward to the holidays when Sephora offers Fresh Sugar gift packs of several colors from the product line.
14. Josie Maran Cosmetics Argan Daily Moisturizer (0.16 fl oz) with a spf of 47 is a facial moisturizer that is made up of natural ingredients. Josie Maran is known for creating quality products that help support skin health. The particular product has Argan Oil, green tea, titanium dioxide and zinc oxide. It provides the skin with sun protection while moisturizing it. It is a slightly thicker consistency that most facial lotions that assists in hydrating dry skin.
15. Dr. Brandt Skincare Pores No More Multi-performance stick (0.067 oz) broad spectrum spf 45. This is more of a portable tinted primer/moisturizer that you can use to touch up during the day. It is supposed to blur visible lines, minimize pores and even out skin tone. As much as I like Dr. Brandt's products, it did not do any those things for me. It is possible that my skin was too dry to benefit from this product. However, it was too small a sample for me to pass onto my daughter to see what she thought of it. It is supposed to provide up to 80 minutes of sun protection.
I still feel that the price of $32 is really reasonable when I consider the quantity and quality of the samples provided. Out of the 15 samples, there were really only two that I felt did not serve a purpose (at least for me). The rest were fun to try and allowed me to decided if I would like to purchase any of them in the future. Additionally, it does raise money for a good cause.
Disclaimer: I purchased this kit with my own money and these are my own opinions. My opinions and personal experience with each product may vary from others. It is always best to sample the products for yourself to see if they meet your own expectations. Thank you for stopping by.